"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body"
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
The Scripture teaches our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless, the church for years has neglected to teach and admonish members to live this out. In this class, we will examine those scriptures teaching about care of the temple as well as looking at the practicalities of changing our lifestyles to create optimal health.
Objectives of class:
1. Changing our view of the body, moving from apathy and shame to
a view of stewardship
2. Learning the basics of healthy eating and cooking
3. Cultivating a lifestyle with mindful movement, exercise 101 for the
very beginner to the advanced
4. Learning to relate to our culture and their broken views of the
temple: anorexia, bulimia and eating addictions
5. Allowing God to heal our minds and spirits lead to a healthy body –
- wholeness through God's healing touch
Owner of Cross Train, LLC; Certified USA Triathlon Coach; Certified USA Track and Field Coach; Certified Health Coach with Take Shape for Life; MABS, Reformed Theological Seminary (5 hours pending)